I've been so busy getting all these recipes ready for the Women's Conference last week, my own family is eating pizza and mac'n'cheese! I'll have to start cooking again tonight, I suppose, now that these are complete. Hopefully this will be an easy way for you to download them...enjoy!
My Favorite Ten Quick Recipe Meals
- Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Country Green Beans
- Mozzarella Chicken with Linguine and Chopped Salad
- Chicken Pot Pie with Fruit Salad
- Chicken Enchiladas with Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Pierogies with Bacon and Green Peas
- Chicken Penne Caesar Salad with Dinner Rolls
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Pork Chops with Cider Gravy, Sauteed Apples and Onions
- Chicken Yakisoba with Cucumber Salad
- Lazy Day Lasagna with Green Salad
- Sweet Potato-Sausage Hash with Waldorf Salad
Ten Great Crock Pot Meals
Add a side:
- Taco Soup Corn Pudding
- Shredded Beef Sandwiches Coleslaw and Alessi Frozen Fries
- Pork with Sauerkraut and Apples Steamed Broccoli
- Jambalaya Sourdough Rolls and Fruit Salad
- Old-Fashioned Beef Stew Serve over couscous
- Cola Pot Roast and Vegetables Biscuits
- BBQ Shortribs with Roasted Vegetables Cornbread or Quick Grits
- Black Bean Chili Cornbread & Raw Veggies
- Vegetable Curry Serve over rice or with flatbread
- Roast Chicken Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus
Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Country Style Green Beans
- ¾ lb ground round
- ¾ lb ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp
steak seasoning Montreal
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup water
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 1 1 /2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 can French onion soup (10 oz)
- 2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- Skim milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 bag frozen petite green beans
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
Spray large skillet with nonstick spray. Heat over medium heat, add onions and sauté about 5 minutes, until soft. Add frozen green beans, water, and bouillon. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes, until beans are tender.
Chicken Pot Pie with Fruit Salad
- 10 oz can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Large can white chicken, drained
- 10 oz pkg mixed vegetables, thawed
- 6-ct pkg reduced fat canned biscuits
- Fresh fruit for salad
Heat oven to 400. in round baking dish, combine chicken, soup, milk, pepper, and vegetables. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cut biscuits in quarters and place on top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Mozzarella Chicken with Linguine and Chopped Salad
- 9 oz fresh linguine
- ½ cup Italian dry breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan
- 1 pkg thin-sliced chicken breasts
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 ½ cups marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 head romaine
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- Handful of sugar snap peas
Preheat oven to 425. Place breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow dish. Place egg substitute in another. Dredge chicken in egg, then crumbs.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 minutes on each side, then top each with a piece of mozzarella. Place pan in oven and bake 15 minutes or until chicken is done. While chicken bakes, cook linguine according to package directions.
For salad, simply chop all vegetables and use dressing of your choice.
Chicken Enchiladas with Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 6 flour tortillas (6”)
Combine chicken, cream cheese, cumin, salsa, and 1 cup shredded cheese. In 8x8 pan, pour 1/3 enchilada sauce. Divide filling between tortillas and roll up. Place each, seam side down, in pan. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes, until cheese melts and enchiladas are hot throughout.
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
Combine corn, beans, peppers,and onion in medium bowl. Mix remaining in small bowl, whisking until smooth and creamy. Pour over vegetables and chill until serving.
Pierogies with Bacon and Green Peas with Cucumber Salad
- 12 frozen potato and onion pierogies (such as Mrs. T's)
- 8 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Cook the pierogies according to package directions.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble. Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion, sugar, and thyme to drippings in pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in peas; sauté 1 minute. Add pierogies, salt, and pepper; cook 30 seconds. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Serve with sour cream.
· 2 cucumbers
· 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
Slice cucumbers as thinly as possible lengthwise. Toss in serving bowl with vinegar, refrigerate until serving.
Chicken Yakisoba (marinate ahead of time)
- 7 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 pound skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup (2-inch) julienne-cut carrot
- 6 cups coarsely shredded napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1/4 cup sake (rice wine) or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups cooked soba (about 9 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
Combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce and chicken in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Add 1 teaspoon oil, onion, and carrot to skillet; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add cabbage; stir-fry 2 minutes or until cabbage begins to wilt.
Combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, sake, ginger, sugar, and salt. Pour sake mixture over cabbage mixture. Add chicken and soba; toss well to coat. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Chicken Caesar Penne Salad
- 3 cups (about 12 ounces) skinned, shredded roasted chicken breast (such as Tyson's)
- 3 cups hot cooked penne (about 6 ounces uncooked tubular-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup fat-free Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Chill until serving. Does not keep well overnight.
Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with Fruit Salad
- 1/2 pound bulk breakfast sausage, such as maple sausage
- 1 medium sweet potato, ½” cubes
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a few handfuls)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
Cover the sweet potatoes with water in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, cook 10 minutes. In the meantime, pre-heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breakfast sausage and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon into little chunks; brown sausage for three minutes.
Add the onion and red peppers to the sausage. Season with chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for 10-12 minutes. Drain potatoes and add to hash, letting brown a little.
Once the hash is cooked, add the chopped parsley, stir to combine and transfer hash to a serving platter.
Wipe clean the skillet you made the hash in, return it to the cook top over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, crack each of the eggs into the skillet, season with a little salt and pepper and fry to desired doneness. Eggs may, of course, be scrambled as well. As you like!
Transfer the fried eggs to the top of the hash, sprinkle with the fresh tomato salsa and serve.
Waldorf Salad: Chop apples, celery, nuts, and combine. Add a handful of Craisins. Use vanilla yogurt for dressing.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Pork Chop with Cider Gravy, Sauteed Apples and Onions
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 large onions, yellow or red, thinly sliced
- 2 Gala or Golden Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 rounded tablespoons orange marmalade
In a medium pot add sweet potatoes and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until fork tender, 15-18 minutes.
Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork 5 minutes on the first side until deeply golden, turn and cook 3-4 minutes more with a loose foil tent over the pan. Remove cooked chops to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add another turn of the pan of EVOO, add the onions and apples. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and cook until just tender, 5-6 minutes. Douse with juice of a lemon and remove chops to a plate.
Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet, melt then whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in cider and 1 cup of stock. Season the gravy with salt and pepper. Thicken 4-5 minutes over medium-low heat.
Drain cooked sweet potatoes and return pan to stove. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and combine with marmalade and 1 cup stock. Add potatoes and mash, season with salt and pepper.
Serve chop covered with apples and onions, gravy poured down over top, sweet potatoes alongside.
Lazy Day Lasagna
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound long curly pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin
- 1 small carrot, grated or finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated or finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- One can crushed tomatoes (28 ounces)
- A few leaves of basil, torn
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a couple of generous handfuls), plus more to pass around the table
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the beef, crumbling it into bits, and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the carrot, onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the beef broth, then the tomatoes and basil; simmer.
In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta and parsley.
Toss the pasta with the butter, then stir in the Parmigiano Reggiano and meat sauce. Scoop the ricotta mixture into each of 4 shallow bowls, then top with the meaty pasta. Pass more parmigiano-reggiano around the table.
Crock Pot Recipes
Old-Fashioned Beef Stew
- 2 lbs. stew beef cuts
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3 cut onions
- 6 potatoes, cut up
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 28 oz. can whole tomatoes cut up w/juice
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbsp Minute tapioca
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper and salt to taste
- ½ tsp EACH ground allspice, marjoram, thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen sweet peas
Put all ingredients except peas into a slow cooker. Mix all the above together in the slow cooker/Crock Pot cover; put on low and cook all day or overnight. Turn to high and add frozen peas 1/2 hour to 1 hour before serving.
- 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey, cooked, drained or cooked, chopped chicken, or soy crumbles
- 1 (1oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1oz) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (14oz) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (15oz) can black beans
- 1 (15oz) can tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14oz) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chiles
- taco chips, crumbled
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
Mix the meat, pepper, taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix, corn, beans, tomatoes with green chiles and onion in a crockpot. Process the stewed tomatoes and green chiles in a blender until pureed. Add to the crockpot. Cook for 8 hours on Low. Serve with taco chips or corn pudding in the bottom of each bowl and sour cream and cheese on top of the soup. Makes 10-12 servings.
Pork Chops, Apples & Sauerkraut
- 1 lb boneless center cut pork chops
- 1 (14.50 ounces) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place onion in crockpot; place pork on top. Combine drained sauerkraut, apples, bay leaf, caraway seed, paprika, and pepper; pour over pork. Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 8 hours. Remove bay leaf; remove pork to platter and cover to keep warm. Stir in sour cream (optional), if desired, in sauerkraut mixture. Serve pork on bed of mixture.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into chunks (may use smoked sausage)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (may use Tabasco)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (optional)
- 4 cups hot steamed rice (amount approximate, based on your serving size)
Place all ingredients except shrimp and rice in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in shrimp and cook covered, until shrimp are curled and opaque (and chicken is cooked as well). Serve mixture over hot steamed rice.
Cola Pot Roast and Veggie
- 3-4lb. Beef roast
- 1 (1oz. ) pkg. beefy onion dry soup mix
- 1 (10.75oz. )can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 12 oz cola (dark)
- 3 potatoes (1" cubes)
- 3 celery stalks(1"cubes)
- 3 carrots (1" cubes)
- · 1 clove garlic minced
Cut roast to fit crock pot. Mix and add remaining ingredients. Cook to desired doneness (7-9 hours on low, shorten time if using high.)Remove roast and vegetables and thicken gravy if necessary.
Barbeque Shortribs with Vegetables
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 to 12 wedges
- 3 1/2 pounds beef short ribs or beef chuck pot roast cut in chunks
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika, regular or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- dash garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Put the potatoes and carrots in a large slow cooker; top with the onion wedges then the beef. Combine the ketchup, 1/4 cup water, vinegar, paprika, chili powder, mustard, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Pour over the beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Transfer the juices to a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Pour into the simmering juices and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minutes. Serve the beef and vegetables with the thickened sauce.
Black Bean Chili
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Combine all ingredients except cilantro and cheese in 3-4 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir in cilantro just before serving. Serve with Cheddar cheese for topping. 6 servings
Shredded Beef Sandwiches (or wraps)
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1Tbsp rosemary
- 1Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp seasoning salt
- 1bay leaf
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 4 lb roast (the cheaper the better)
Place roast in crockpot, sprinkle all spices on top, add enough water to barely cover. Cook 8-10 hrs on low. Shred with two forks and serve on buns on in wraps.
- 2 cans drained and rinsed garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 diced red pepper
- 4 tiny potatoes, or 1 regular-sized
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
- 2 T (yes, tablespoons!) curry
- 1/2 t ground coriander
- 1/4 t red (cayenne) pepper--not pictured
- 1 lg can tomatoes (and juice)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen peas (to add later)
Add drained and rinsed garbanzo beans to your crockpot and cover with diced vegetables (if you have other stuff in the house that you want to use, go for it. I don't think the actual kind of vegetables matters). Add spices, tomatoes, yogurt and broth. Stir to mix flavors and cook on low for 8-10 hours. 20 minutes before serving, stir in the frozen peas. Turn to high. Serve over hot basmati rice and with naan (flatbread).
Roast Chicken with Asparagus with Browned Butter Sauce
- 3-4 pound whole frying chicken
- Half an onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp basil
Sprinkle chicken cavity with salt, pepper , and poultry seasoning. Put onion and celery inside cavity. Put chicken in crockpot and sprinkle with basil. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hrs or high 4-6 hrs.
Asparagus: 1 lb makes 4 servings
Cut stem ends off asparagus (about 2”off) and place on foil-lined, sprayed cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. To make sauce, melt 2 Tbsp real butter in small saucepan, let brown. Remove from ehat and add 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus.