Gorgonzola and Tomato Tart
- 1 9 inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, or olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces part skim ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Unroll the piecrust and press it into a 9-inch tart pan(or a pie pan will work, too). Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork, spray with cooking spray or brush with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, Gorgonzola and egg until combined. Remove the tart shell from the oven. Spoon the cheese mixture into the tart shell and top with the tomato slices; season with pepper and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the tart from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Now I can’t wait for my tiny tomato plants to start producing. Good thing I planted Early Girls, since I want instant gratification!
Click here to print the recipe