***UPDATE*** Before continuing with this post, I wanted to tell you that I have a new blog home. I'd love for you to visit (all my old posts are there, along with brand new ones), and subscribe over there, since I can't transfer my subscribers over for some reason. If you decide to follow, leave me a comment so I can thank you...and follow back if you have a blog! Also, I'm trying to convince the hubs that this IS a real job, so I need all the followers I can get! Thanks so much...
Equals one amazing muffin! Actually, a whole batch of them. I recently needed to use up some zucchini and a very ripe banana. With a little help from the hooligans, we ended up with very yummy Double Chocolate Zucchini Banana Muffins. Give them a try…they’re perfect with icy cold milk!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Banana Muffins2 large eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 very ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F; lightly grease muffin tins (to make 18 muffins), or use with cupcake liners.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil, banana, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
3) Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
4) Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
5) Spoon into muffin tins, filling 2/3 of the way.
6) Bake muffins for 16-18 minutes, until they test done (a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center will come out clean, save for perhaps a light smear of chocolate from the melted chips).
7) Remove from the oven, and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before turning them out of the pan onto a rack.
Yield: 18 muffins
Click here for the printable recipe